Sales Representative – Salt Lake City, UT
Northeast Barrel Company is a lead distributor of authentic, high quality, used wood barrels that are responsibly sourced from reputable suppliers around the world. Our mission is to provide our customers (primarily craft breweries and distilleries) with superior barrels for aging their beer, wine, spirit, or food product that will ultimately produce a unique and flavorful result. Our shared love and appreciation for the barrel aging process – and the people and traditions that influence it – drive our business. It’s the business of barrels, but it’s not business as usual.
As our business continues to grow, we are seeking a Full-Time Sales Representative, based at our Salt Lake City, Utah location, responsible for growing our clientele and selling our barrels, oak alternatives, décor, and other products.
- Present, promote, and sell products to existing and prospective customers.
- Assist in sourcing/selling barrel inventory in small and large quantities from domestic and international suppliers/sources.
- Establish, develop, and maintain positive business and customer relationships.
- Provide shipping quotes and invoice customers for their orders.
- Respond to assigned online commercial orders and cross sell other products.
- Analyze market potential and build customer database for new and existing products.
- Reach out to customer leads and referrals through cold calling, in-person visits, etc.
- Answer phone calls and help customers in a courteous manner.
- Travel to trade shows, conferences, festivals, etc. as needed.
- Assist customer walk-ins as needed.
- Assists with incoming and outgoing shipments, i.e.: loading and unloading of containers and trucks (estimated up to 10% of time)
- Oversee warehouse in absence of management.
- Experienced in sales with a track record of producing results.
- Ability to handle customer interactions courteously and professionally.
- Good communicator with interest and initiative towards continuous growth and improvement.
- Knowledge/Curiosity (and love) for craft beer, wine, and spirits!
- Previous experience in a brewery/distillery/winery is beneficial, but not required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to travel internationally.
- Bachelor’s degree or applicable experience.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Physical requirements of this position include regularly sitting, standing, climbing, or balancing, stooping, kneeling, pushing, pulling, crouching, or crawling and lifting and/or moving barrels weighing on average 125 lbs.
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Quarterly Bonus Incentives
- Flexible work schedule
*The Sales Rep position’s starting salary is $50,000 annually plus eligible quarterly bonuses.
Schedule is generally Monday through Friday 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM, with opportunity for hybrid work schedule.
Northeast Barrel Company prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please email resume to: email@example.com